Sunday, April 13, 2008

Welcome our new pet

Someone at my office had the ill-advised plan to use goldfish as decorations at a work party last week. What do goldfish become after they have served their time as decor? They become fodder for a toilet flush, which is why I brought one home with me on Friday. Discipulus Legis and I went to Petco yesterday to buy it a new tank and, after a few touch-and-go moments, the fishie seems to have adapted quite well to its new home.

So now comes the important task of naming the fish. I'm very bad at naming pets. At first I thought Hillary Finton would be cute, but then I also like Jadwiga and Beatrix. Discipulus Legis likes the name Vito, but last night I also came up with Poseidon and, my favorite so far, Rusalka.



Decisions, decisions.

No comments: