Thursday, June 28, 2007

And people say HMOs don't care about preventive medicine


Apparently, while Kaiser Permanente isn't busy dumping patients or denying lifesaving treatments at hospitals, they're busy giving away almost-expired lip balm and other goodies! Because we have to "Thrive," people!

Yes, why just this week at my office I found two large plastic bags, one filled with KP-branded lip balm (set to expire 07/07) and mini-first aid kits that include five -- count them, five -- band-aids and 1.6 milliliters of antiseptic lotion.

Score! This way I can hopefully protect my skin (the lip balm is SPF 15) and prevent minor infections. Good thing, too, because if I got skin cancer or developed something like sepsis, the cost of my medical bill would probably be more than I could afford, even with insurance. That is, if my health insurer decided to cover my treatment at all. Kudos to you, Kaiser!

Go see SiCKO. Seriously.

No comments: